|Active Ingredient:||Follitropin Beta|
|Dosage:||300IU (AQ Cartridge)|
600IU (AQ Cartridge)
Follistim is a human follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) preparation of recombinant DNA origin. In women, it helps healthy ovaries to develop (mature) and release eggs. It is used largely as a part of treatment programs to help women get pregnant. In men, it helps bring about the production and development of sperm.
Your doctor or nurse will tell you the number of units of Follistim to use each day and the number of days to use the same vial. Your doctor or nurse will show you how to inject the prescribed dose. Usual injection sites include the skin on the stomach or upper leg.
Do not take Follistim if:
- allergic to recombinant human FSH products
- you have a high level of FSH in your blood; indication that your ovaries or testes may be permanently damaged and do not work at all
- you have uncontrolled thyroid, pituitary, or adrenal gland problems
- allergic to streptomycin or neomycin antibiotics
- you have a tumor of the hypothalamus, pituitary gland, breast, uterus, ovary, or testes
Specifically for women, do not take Follistim if:
- you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant
- you have heavy or irregular vaginal bleeding and the cause is unknown
- have ovarian cysts or enlarged ovaries, not due to polycystic ovary syndrome(PCOS).