Progesterone Gel 8% VAGINAL GEL
Crinone is a specially formulated gel that you insert in your vagina. It contains the natural female hormone called progesterone. Progesterone is one of the hormones essential for maintaining a pregnancy. If you are undergoing ART treatment and your doctor has determined your body does not produce enough progesterone on its own, Crinone may be prescribed to provide the progesterone you need.
Your doctor or nurse will tell you when to start and how long to continue Crinone. Crinone is to be applied directly from the specially designed sealed applicator into the vagina. The applicator is designed to deliver a premeasured dose of Crinone. A small amount of gel will be left in the tube after usage. Do not be concerned because you will still be receiving the appropriate, measured dosage.
Do not use Crinone:
- If you are allergic to progesterone, progesterone-like drugs, or any of the inactive ingredients in the gel (ask a pharmacist if you are not sure about the inactive ingredients in Crinone).
- If you have unusual vaginal bleeding which has not been evaluated by a doctor.
- If you have a liver disease.
- If you have known or suspected cancer of the breast or genital organs.
- If you have a miscarriage and your physician suspects some tissue is still in the uterus.
- If you have or have had blood clots in the legs, lungs, eyes, or elsewhere.