FOSTIMON 150 IU (SubQ)
Urofollitropin is a product containing a highly purified preparation of human follicle stimulating hormone (hFSH) extracted from the urine of postmenopausal women. Urofollitropin stimulates healthy ovaries to make eggs. It is used for women who need medical help to get pregnant. Your doctor may prescribe more than one medicine as part of a pregnancy plan.
Your doctor or nurse will tell you the number of units of Follistim to use each day and the number of days to use it. Your doctor or nurse will show you how to inject the prescribed dose. It is administered subcutaneously usually in the skin on the lower abdomen (stomach) or upper leg.
Do not use Urofollitropin if you:
- Have ovaries that are not able to produce eggs even with help
- Are pregnant or think you may be pregnant
- Have problems with your thyroid gland or adrenal gland that are not controlled by medication
- Have cancer in your female organs (ovaries breast, uterus)
- Have a tumor of your pituitary gland or other tumor in your brain
- Have abnormal bleeding from your vagina
- Have ovarian cysts or enlarged ovaries not due to a condition known as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)