MENOGON 75 IU (IM)
Menotropin is a medicine that contains follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH). These hormones stimulate healthy ovaries to make eggs. This medicine is given by injection. Only use it as instructed by your physician.
Your doctor or nurse will tell you the number of units of Menopur, Merional, or Menogon to use each day and the number of days to use it. Your doctor or nurse will show you how to inject the prescribed dose. It is administered subcutaneously in the skin on the lower abdomen (stomach).
Do not use Menotropin if you:
- Have ovaries that are not able to make eggs even with help.
- Are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- Have problems with your thyroid gland or adrenal gland that are not controlled by taking medicine.
- Have cancer in your female organs (ovaries, breasts, uterus).
- Have a tumor of your pituitary gland or other tumor in your brain.
- Have heavy or irregular vaginal bleeding and the cause is not known.
- Have ovarian cysts or enlarged ovaries, not due to a condition known as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).