Why Am I Not Pregnant Yet? Common Reasons for Female Infertility
What is infertility?
What are the most common causes of infertility?
- Blocked Fallopian tubes. The Fallopian tubes are the pathway by which the egg travels down from the ovaries — if they are fertilized while in here, a woman becomes pregnant. However, the Fallopian tubes can become blocked due to a variety of factors, including endometriosis (when the lining of the uterus grows outside of the uterus itself), pelvic inflammatory disease, or due to an ectopic pregnancy.
- Uterine problems. Some women have what’s called a “tipped” uterus, and this makes the uterus incapable of holding a baby throughout pregnancy.
- Fibroids. These are non-cancerous growths that can leave scar tissue all within the reproductive organs and cause problems with fertility.
- Poor diet. Many doctors take a systemic approach to infertility, and believe that a poor diet that already compromises the health of women — due to heart disease, obesity, and other health-related maladies — can also compromise her fertility.
- Smoking. This, perhaps, is the number one cause of infertility, especially among older women. In addition to damaging your lungs and your overall health, smoking causes cancer and weight gain, and can decrease your chances of getting pregnant.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs). Another thing that can compromise your fertility is if you have a sexually transmitted disease — such as chlamydia, syphilis, or gonorrhea — that compromises your reproductive system. Even if you don’t have the disease now, if you’ve had the disease in the past, you stand a greater chance of becoming infertile than someone who hasn’t had any type of sexually transmitted infection.
- Athletic training. This, perhaps, is the one factor that most people don’t consider when they’re determining the causes of their infertility. If you’ve trained excessively as an athlete, your muscle-to-fat ratio is greater than most, and this can compromise the production of estrogen in your body. This lack of proper estrogen production can lead to infertility.
Whatever the cause of your infertility, we are pleased to offer you discounted IVF medications from Israel and Europe at a price that’s significantly lower than one would pay at an American pharmacy. For more information about what we can do for you, visit our website or contact us today.