- Moderate-intensity aerobic exercise: Moderate-intensity exercise such as brisk walking, cycling, swimming, or running can help to maintain a healthy weight, reduce stress, and improve cardiovascular health, all of which can positively impact fertility and pregnancy outcome.
- Strength training: Strength training exercises can improve muscle strength and endurance, which can be beneficial during pregnancy and childbirth.
- Yoga: Yoga can help to reduce stress and improve flexibility, balance, and circulation, all of which can be helpful for fertility and pregnancy.
- Pelvic floor exercises: Pelvic floor exercises, also known as Kegels, can help to improve pelvic floor strength and reduce the risk of urinary incontinence during pregnancy and after childbirth.
- Low-impact exercises: Low-impact exercises such as walking, swimming, and prenatal yoga can be especially beneficial during pregnancy as they are less likely to cause injury or strain.
It is important to consult with a healthcare provider before starting any exercise program, especially during pregnancy. Additionally, excessive or high-intensity exercise should be avoided during pregnancy.